Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Invisible

One day I was sitting across from a glass door and thought it was so interesting that you could only distinctly see the reflection of my shoes. I almost felt invisible to the world, lost even. 


Have you ever felt this way? Like no one can see you? 

I think we've all experienced that feeling at one time or another-it's only human. 

Today while I was sitting in Sacrament meeting I had the strongest prompting I think I've ever had in my life to get up and share my testimony. Since moving to my BYU ward I haven't shared my testimony. It's not that I'm scared to or that I don't like talking in front of people. I just never felt impressed to get up, but today was different. 

The moment the Bishop started sharing his testimony I knew that I needed to, and that I needed to be one of the first people to get up or else I wouldn't go up at all. 

I bore my testimony of Heavenly Fathers goodness. (For those of you who have already heard this I apologize) He is evident everywhere. This week has been a bit of a roller coaster at our apartment, and it has amazed me to see how many people have stepped in with kind notes, treats, and hugs. Heavenly Father works through other people. I am 100% positive about that. 

He knows each of us so personally. He knows what we need to strengthen us and keep us going. I've always believed that Christ knows us individually, but after today I can say that I KNOW without a shadow of a doubt that Christ lives and He really does care about our sorrows, heartaches, and pains. Without Him we would be nothing

So even on those days when we do feel invisible and that there isn't a person in the world who cares about what we are going through think again. Christ knows you and He cares. He cares a lot. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thank you for your testimony today. i think it was definitely something i needed to hear :)