Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Finding a gem

You know how every week in Releif Society they stress that visiting teaching is SO important? Well, I, probably like you, take that with a grain of salt. Not that I don't love my visiting teachers, but sometimes I think they could probably care less what classes I'm taking and how life is. I'll admit I have felt that way when I am the one doing the visiting teaching.

Now here comes the big but.

BUT! (told ya)

Last night I had an experience that changed all of that. I was lucky to get one of the very sweetest girls in the ward as my visitng teaching companion. [For those of you who are in my ward and don't know Tabitha Brewer you should really get to know her.] Anyway, last night we went to visit one of our girls. Like many of you, we procrastinated till the end of the month. We ended up at her apartment at 11:00 p.m. Like the saint she is she let us in. We were only planning on being there for a few, brief minutes. That plan back fired. We ended up talking with her for an hour and a half.

Time seriously flew by. One second it was 11:35 and the next time I checked it was midnight. I never thought that I would become good friends with any of the girls I visit teach, but I can honestly say that this girl has become my friend and I love her! She is so funny and definitely one of those girls you'd like to keep around.

So for those of you who groan a little when you think about going visiting teaching keep it up. You never know what kind of person, or lifelong friend, you could find through your visits:)

No comments: