Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2012

A Blindside

Blindsides are funny...until they happen to you. Those are the infamous, or not so infamous, final words of Kat from survivor. (Do I have any fans out there? Congrats to Kim!) This past week I've had a blindside hit me. I work at a warehouse for Provocraft. This week I  found out that our entire warehouse is being laid off. Luckily, it's not due to our performance level or anything like that. It's hard to grasp that we all won't work together anymore in a short time. I've grown to love these people dearly. They were a great strength to me through my Freshman year, I don't know how I would have survived without them. 


At first I took the news pretty hard. I found out via Facebook that all of this was happening, I'm sure you can imagine my shock. Now that I've had a few days for the news to settle in, I've decided that maybe this will be a good thing. I'm very comfortable where I'm at right now. I'm good at what I do, but life isn't about just being good.


 I've realized that without this change I wouldn't be learning from new experiences. So while I wouldn't wish a blindside like this on my worst enemy, I am glad that it's happening to me. Granted that doesn't mean I'm always the most gracious when I'm talking about it, but I do know that it's good for me. Something is out there that I'm supposed to be doing and I'm going to find out what it is. 

2 comments:

Lys said...

Oh no!! I'm sorry Britt :( But I'd say you sound very gracious, actually. More so than I know I would be. Please holler if I can do anything!

Brittany said...

Thanks Lys:)