Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Summer Reading

I've had a thing this summer for books that are of the Utopian genre. I think I've decided that's my favorite genre, only took me 19 years. Whatever it's fine.

My 3 favorites I've read so far are as follows.

1. The Host-Stephanie Meyer

Now say what you will about Twilight, I don't really care. I loved this book, and I would highly recommend it.


2. Matched- Ally Condie

Ally Condie is an LDS author and this book was a New York Times bestseller.


3. Crossed- Ally Condie

This is the second book in the series and I loved it just as much as the first one. The third one doesn't come out until this Fall and I am definitely on the edge of my seat waiting for it.



If you have read any other Utopian books that you loved (or even ones you didn't) drop a comment. I'd love to hear any suggestions!

3 comments:

Lys said...

Get outta town, I love utopia/dystopia stuff too! Fahrenheit 451 is along those lines, but it wasn't my favorite, but it's a classic read, so...

I totally wanna read those Ally Condie ones. Never heard of them until now, but I will def-def get my hands on those.

Brittany said...

I own both of them if you'd like to borrow them:)

Nicole Dowd said...

http://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/dystopian-ya