Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

An important day calls for some important people!

Well I've made it. 19 and feelin old! I owe a lot to a lot of people. Let me introduce you to some of them.
First and foremost my mom:)

Her birthday is coming up soon, so I'll save all the great stuff about her for then, just know she is amazing and has done more for me than anyone else and I owe who I am to her.

Next, my dad. He would do anything for me. He is always ready with a listening ear and his opinion on a matter.


My step dad has also been a big influence on my life. He has shown me what it means to treat a woman with respect. He also has a listening ear. He's traveled many paths in life and he's always willing to share with you if it will help a situation you are in. 

My Friends have been a support to me through all the thick and thin. 
Meet Carolyn. We have been best friends for about two years now. She knows more about me than almost anybody else. She has seen me cry and cried with me more times than I can count. She makes me laugh to the point where I cry. And on a bad day I can just look at her and she knows immediately what's wrong. I know she would do anything for me in a heartbeat if she could! She is an angel in my life and I love her!


Meet Jesse. Jesse is my missionary. He is also my best friend. This kid has taught me a lot about being positive and about the importance of family. He gets excited easily and he loves to laugh. I miss him like crazy, but I'm so proud of  his decision to serve a mission! He makes me happy:) Even though he's miles away I still feel really close to him and he always knows exactly what to say. He's the sweetest person I've ever met. 
Meet Derek. Derek is a funny kid. When it really comes down to it he will be there for you 100%. I'm glad to know him and have him as my friend. He's one of my best guy friends. 

Nicole brought me a pinata for my birthday! It actually had candy in it. Is she great or what?

Meet Nicole. Me and Nicole went to the same high school but we weren't really friends until college. We live on the same floor now and I see her almost daily! She has become an outlet for me. I vent to her about my frustrations and tell her my happy stories. She has become a dear friend to me in a very short time!

Meet Alyssa. We were friends in high school, but since the beginning of college we've become extremely close. She's my gift from heaven. We are in some pretty similar situations and it's nice to have her to talk to. We have a Friday break session where we talk about life and I look forward to it almost more than anything!
Meet my roommates plus Shaundra and Mallory. These girls are becoming more and more like sisters with each passing day! I would do anything for them. They are teaching me a lot about communicating and being open. We are laughing more often than not, but we also have our serious times. I love you Laurie, Sarah, Stephanie, Rachel, and Carolyn!
This is Shaundra. Previously mentioned above. Shaundra was in my singles ward over the summer. I loved having that opportunity of getting to know her better. She lives on the same floor as me now and I love it! She is another one of those girls who is an outlet for me. She is an essential part to my support system. Love you!


There are so many other people I could mention, but these are the ones who influence me on a daily basis. I'm thankful for the amazing people I have in my life! They make me the person that I am today. Thanks for a wonderful birthday! I will treasure it always:)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow i love you! thanks for the nice words britt :)

Lys said...

I would just like to say a few words:

1) Happy birthday. Again.
2) It is utter hilarity that our picture happens to be by a fountain, but wasn't taken this year by our new fountain. We call that "irony."
3) I AM SO GLAD YOU BLOG. :)

That is all, for now. Over and out.