Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

One of those missionary friends

So see this friend of mine?

His name is Derek and he leaves for his mission in 7 days. Boy, where has the time gone? I didn't think I'd really have any problem with him leaving, but as the time gets closer I'm starting to realize how different it will be with him gone. He's my best friend's boyfriend, so naturally I see a lot of him, and he is really good to her. Look how cute they are:)


I've been taking an excessive amount of pictures of them lately. Anyway, he is always so willing to do anything for Carolyn and any of her roommates. He keeps us laughing when he's around. The next few weeks are going to be a big adjustment. If you feel like bringing over a pan of brownies, ice cream, or some chocolate we will warmly welcome you in. This change is going to be rough at first, but I think we'll grow from it. We tease him that we can't wait for him to go so that we can have his parking spot, but really we will  miss him. I'm really excited for Derek and for this amazing opportunity that he has. I know he will be an awesome Missionary. Best of luck to you pal! We'll be prayin' for you. 

2 comments:

Lys said...

Ok ok ok, so...I have a plan. How bout if I bring brownies, park in Derek's spot, and we can all laugh till we cry. Unless it starts out the other way around, which I would totes understand. But either way, there shall be laughter.

I MISS YOU ALL. You're making me wish I lived in the dorms, dang it.

I will see you Sunday, if not before. Yes? Yes. :)

Brittany said...

I love this plan and think it should be put into action. Very excited to see you! Miss you too!