Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

Congratulations are in order

Today is the day that my sweet, wonderful grandma retires. I am so excited for her! My grandparents have some big plans now that they are both retired. I'm just as excited for the things they are doing as they are. She has worked at BYU for 20 years now. Both her and my grandpa have always been great examples of hard working people. I was privileged to live with them this summer. It was a sweet experience that I will never forget.

 
Choosing to live there was one of the most difficult decisions I've made thus far in my life, but I can proudly say that I think it was also one of the best decisions I've ever made. Besides the perks of not having to pay rent or buy groceries I learned a lot living with them.
  • When living in the basement expect to see 3-5 spiders on average a week
  • When the A/C is broken you'll be able to sweat off the calories you ate, no need to exercise
  • Never leave your room without making your bed. It gets your day off to a great start.
  • Never ever under any circumstances leave the house while the dryer is on. It could blow the house up you know.
  • There is no need to dry clothes all the way through. Drying them on hangers saves money on your electric bill and reduces wrinkles.
  • Food always needs more pepper.
  • Vacuming everyday makes the house feel clean.
  • Plants add character to any house
  • Don't waste anything. If you are creative enough you can find a use for ANYTHING!
  • A project is never that bad if you just get in and get it done
  • Being fit is a lifestyle
  • Always drink lots and lots of water. Have water in the fridge ready and waiting at all times.
  • Taking the time to look through the adds you get in the mail saves money. Be frugal. Price check, price check, price check.
But I also learned some of those important life lessons
  • Just because you are getting older doesn't mean you can't have fun. These two always have something fun planned.
  • Prayers are daily and sincere. Really pray for those you love. Beg and plead with the Lord for them.
  • Family is number one. Always be there for them.
  • Hugs are daily.
  • You can never say "I love You" too many times.
  • Make the best out of life because you never know when it will be over
  • Marrying the right person is what will really make you the happiest in life. I want a love like my grandparents. A love that is forever.
  • Truly, sincerely caring about people is what matters most.
 I could never thank them enough for everything they have done for me. They are some of my best friends. I am ever so thankful that I had the opportunity to live with them this summer. It was a special summer.

 
Congratulations on your retirement Grandma!

No comments: