Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Lucky? More like blessed

Today has been anything but an ordinary Sunday. I went to my new ward for the second time, but there were many new faces along with mine. I had forgotten how passionate some people are about the Gospel. That is one thing I absolutely love about being in a BYU ward, the Spirit that comes with it.

 I have the greatest roommates anyone could ever ask for. I hadn't realized what a gamble roommates really can be until seeing how some apartments last year didn't mesh as well as mine did. I lucked out, big time. Fortunately for me, I get to live with them again this year. Tomorrow Carolyn is moving in!! I have been waiting all summer for this. I've been lucky if I've seen her once every 3 weeks. I seriously cannot wait. She is my very best friend and I don't know what I'd do without her.



At times in my life I have felt that I really wasn't dealt a very fair hand. But you know what I've learned? God makes up for EVERY single unfair thing that comes along. He just does it on His timing. I have been blessed to be where I am today. I have the best roommates in the world. I really don't know what I'd do without them. They put up with my weird obsessions and they still smile for pictures (most of the time at least).

There have been many stressful decisions and things to get done in order to be ready for fall semester. First was finding a car, then it was moving in, then it was finalizing my fall schedule. I'm working on my schedule still. My hardest decision as of now is trying to decide whether to take New Testament or Pearl of Great Price. So if that's the hardest thing in my life I'd say I'm doing pretty good. Tomorrow I'll probably be wishing I hadn't said that, but for today I am feeling blessed.

I know I am blessed. Sometimes it isn't always easy for me to see that, but for today I KNOW it, without a doubt. I'm glad that each week Sunday rolls around, so that I have a chance to reflect on all the good things in my life.





Today I'm thankful for the sweet girls I am so privileged to call my roommates. Love you girls!

1 comment:

Chylie said...

love this! miss all of you so much and really need to plan something to hangout!!