Pages

Monday, March 4, 2013

Best Childhood Memory

I don't think I could ever pick just one memory to be my best one, but for the sake of this I'll pick. I absolutely loved my childhood summers. My childhood was spent running around our Cul-de-sac. We played night games every night until our body parts were going numb. Those were they days of being care free and basing what I did off of what it looked like outside.

I loved my childhood because I used my imagination. I had good friends. Seriously I was blessed.

One of our favorite things to do was hook up a big sprinkler to a hose and run through it until we looked like drowned rats. We drew with sidewalk chalk and played soccer. We made a baseball diamond in our backyard and spent hours running those bases.

We rode scooters, played with skip-its, jumped rope, played hopscotch, and skinned a few knees while riding bikes.

Riding to Macey's to get candy on our bikes and a can of soda for a quarter was always an adventure.

Looking back I even liked my summer chores.

Summers were good to me.

No comments: