Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Challenge- Day 3

What makes you happy?

If I were to write down everything that makes me happy I would be here for weeks. So I decided to write about 3 things that make me happy.


1. Friends that know my back story. One friend specifically you should know about is Carolyn. I can't even count the number of times I have just cried to this girl. One day last year I got off the phone after a heart wrenching conversation about everything someone in my family thought I was doing wrong. They tore me down until I felt like I was literally nothing. I sat on my floor and cried and cried and cried. She sat with me until I was done and let me rest my head in her lap. And she slowly began to build me up again. There have been things that have happened to me that she has never had to deal with before, but she constantly is saying the right thing when I need to hear it.


She puts up with me when I'm being a grouch. She pulls me out of some of my darkest days. She is always making me laugh. She prods just enough to let me know she's there without being nosy. I know I can always count on her to share the exciting things that are going on in my life. There is something about not having to explain why you are choosing to do what you do day in and day out that is so comforting.








2. Sunlight. There is nothing that I love more than a naturally lit room. Just ask my roommates I wait to turn lights on until it is nearly impossible to see anything without them. In my future house I want big windows that let in lots of light. Sunlight makes me feel renewed.


3. My testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. This is what all of my happiness revolves around. Without my testimony I would be lost. I have found my strength through Christ. When I am following His teaching and doing what He wants me to do I am happy. Plain and simple as that. My testimony has gone through its ups and downs just like every other aspect of life, but it has never failed me, and I don't think it will. I'm happy because He is the source of light.

I love this picture because it reminds me how Christ takes time for each of us individually. I know that He knows me by name and that makes me happy.

No comments: