Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

20/20 Vision

How often have we heard the phrase that we have 20/20 hindsight? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to have 20/20 foresight? I'll admit that I have wondered before what it would be like to know what is going to happen before it does.

Would that effect what I do?
        What I say?
                                           The people that come into my life?

I think the answer to all 3 questions is a resounding yes. If we based our actions off of what we knew would happen that would end up changing the outcome. And that would land us right back to where we started.


I won't lie, uncertainty of the future can be very unnerving. Sometimes it is really hard to believe that everything happens for a reason, but I KNOW that it does.

I could never explain to you why the things in my life have happened the way they have. All I can say is that I'm grateful for my life and everything about it.

the uncertainties
the trials
the pain
the fear
the light
the joy
the happiness
the moments of understanding
the small miracles

I love when I realize that this life is more than how you do on a test or the score you get on a paper. Life is about relationships and how you treat people. And the best thing of all is that I never knew when any of it was coming which I think is such a blessing.

Think of a time when you had built something up so much that once you experienced it it was a disappointment. Maybe it was the movie premier of your favorite book, your first time experiencing a delicate dessert, reading a popular book, or whatever it may be for you. I imagine that if we always knew what was coming that life would be very disappointing for us. We need a little bit of spontaneity in our lives.

So the next time something happens and you wish you had handled something differently to produce a different outcome tell yourself that it's okay and that everything happens for a reason. You did your best at the time and your best will always be good enough.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree with you! We always do the best we've got with any circumstance we are in. Great post.