Pages

Friday, December 7, 2012

Tis the season of good fortune

Fun fact for the day: My brother enters the MTC 2 months from today. Holy cow. 

Now down to business. I have a great job. It's a fact. Tonight was our work Christmas party, people have been talking about it for weeks. It was in the convention center in Provo. Ever been there? It had a way of transporting you to another world. One where I felt like a full on grown up, weird. Normally most people bring a date to this sort of thing, but since my special boy is currently not available my darling roommate agreed to come instead. She is a gem! I think I'll keep her around. 

They had a photo booth that we had to try out. Our pictures turned out pretty well I'd say. 

At each seat there was a water bottle. Ask anyone in my family and they will tell you how we have a water bottle hoarding problem. With that thought in mind it may help you realize how excited I was to see them. Plus, glass water bottles are kind of the thing now, right?

People dressed up in crazy Christmas sweaters, we played trivia games, and people won prizes.  At the beginning of the evening, each employee was given 12 tickets with our names on them to put into different bags for prizes. A few of the prizes sparked my interest. The one I wanted the most was a $50 gift card to Barnes in Noble that came with a large plush blanket. I put 5 tickets in this bag hoping to stack the odds a bit more in my favor.  I went into the night hoping I would win something during the night but I wasn't expecting too much. I don't get lucky very often.

 After a trivia game that I thought may never end, the executives got up on the stage to start pulling the winners names out. The Barnes and noble one came and went and my name was not the lucky one. The prize after that was for an Apple TV. I turned to Carolyn and said dang that sounds cool I should have put my name in for that one. And what do you know. Not even two minutes later I heard my name being called from the microphone for the Apple TV. It took me a second to realize that was my name. I clumsily stumbled up to the stage to redeem my prize. I couldn't wipe the silly grin off of my face that I had finally won something!


The only problem is that I don't really know what to do with it...Anyone have any knowledge on this that wants to share the love? It would be much appreciated. 

The thing that honestly was the best about the night is that Carolyn came with me. Having a wingman, or woman, in a social situation that has the potential to be very awkward means a lot. So thank you to my beautiful best friend! And many thanks to my grandma for the wonderful Christmas sweaters. It wouldn't have been a complete party without them.



Happy holidays! And may you be lucky in your Christmas raffles!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you two are my favorite. wahoo for winning a prize!! and carolyn's shoes are adorbs.

Mallory said...

We have an apple TV and we love it. Its not too helpful as a college student, but you can put all your movies and music on it and then you never have to put in a dvd again. You just select it from the menu. You can also access netflix and hulu plus and rent movies on it. Its fantastic!