Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Paper: A blessing in disguise

I've had the opportunity over the past week to ponder on the topic of the Atonement. This is a sacred topic and one that I could write about 100 times over. The thought that has stuck out to me the most is the difference in Christ being my brother and being my sibling.

I have grown up my entire life hearing that Christ is my brother and while that has always been very special I have felt a little bit distant. My professor who assigned this paper gave us a list of scriptures about Christ's life starting from the Pre-mortal existence. There were 2 that really stood out to me. The one that has been on my mind the most is found in John 5:22.

"For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:"

When I read this I started thinking about how my siblings and I will ban together. There have been times that something has happened that I've only told my siblings about. Not because my parents wouldn't be kind or understanding, but just because my siblings are more on my playing field, they get me. It was then that I thought of Christ as a sibling for the first time. The word sibling holds such a special place in my heart.

Being the oldest of 6 kids I've had a lot of experience with siblings. I can honestly say that I would do just about anything for my siblings. One thing is for sure I would defend them to the death. And guess what? Christ, as my sibling, is going to be defending me. He is on MY side. At that day of judgment when I will be hoping with every fiber of my being that I did enough, even though I know I won't have, Christ will be there pleading my case for me. 

Maybe I should have connected this long ago, but I think we figure things out at the time we need them most. Thinking of Christ as a sibling has made all the difference for me. What a comfort it is to know that He has my back and that He will do anything for me. I definitely consider myself one lucky girl. Who better to have as a sibling and a best friend as the one who understands it all.


 We are all so blessed. He loves you too, you know. Don't believe me? Just ask Him. He will tell you. 

No comments: