Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The 3 L's of life

"Look, Love, Lift" 
Sister Jensen

Life is hard. Plain and simple. Bad things happen to us and people hurt us. It hasn't always made sense to me that people could be cruel or backstabbing to people they call their friends. Life is hard enough without others bringing us down. So that's why I've recently committed to myself to live by these three L's for life. 


First, look for the good in others. Everyone has something good to offer to the world. No matter their age, race, or gender. Each and every person has something unique to them that can help us become more of the person we want to be. The problem is we don't usually take the time to find out what that thing is. With some people it's really easy to see the good in them. These are people who are easy for us to talk to or someone that we consider a good friend. I think it's the most important to find that thing in people that are hard for us to get along with. It may be painful and take a lot of effort, but I promise it is worth it. When we find the good in others we are more likely to find it in ourselves.



Second, we must love those around us. This goes right along with looking. It can be so hard to love people around you. I know I can get annoyed easily, but when you love someone everything else about them can fall behind. It doesn't mean you have to accept rude actions or behaviors, but you should take the time to maybe find out why this person acts the way they do. Love is a very powerful characteristic.


Third, we must lift those around us. If we tried living with the idea in mind that we will make other people feel better after talking to us than when we first saw them I think the world would be a much happier place to be. It is amazing the power one person can have on my day. I want to be the difference for someone else. I want to be able to help people be happy and feel good about themselves. Everyone deserves to feel important and like they have worth.

These things can be hard at first, but they pay off in the long run. In this life we're trying to become our best. Don't you think it's okay to stop and help others become their best as well? 

2 comments:

Tiffanie Michele said...

You are amazing. And such a good example to me. Such a good example of all 3 of these things; you've always been one to walk the talk and I admire that so much about you! loved this post, miss you terribly britt!!! have a great day and thanks for your words! (:

Brittany said...

Thanks Tiff:) love and miss you too!