Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Someone's up there

This week hasn't been one I'd put in my top list of weeks, for various reasons. But through all the craziness I have had a few tender mercies. 

A dear friend didn't have a class today during the time I had a break. I got to unload all my concerns on her shoulders. A burden is never as heavy when shared with someone else. 

The walk from the testing center back to my apartment is far too long. I didn't do as well on a test as I had hoped and it consumed my thoughts the entire walk. Sometimes I struggle inside, letting tests define who I am, but tests don't define me. Not even close. But that long walk doesn't help me remember that. What did help me remember was when I heard someone singing my favorite primary song. My favorite song is I am Like a Star. You probably don't even know it, but it's my favorite and always has been. I know that Heavenly Father knew I was feeling lousy. He put that kid on campus right where I would pass by. I know it. 

There was also an older gentleman who happened to be crossing my path who stopped and waited for me to go before him. Now that's not a big deal, but at the time it was for me. I'm not sure how many men now days would take time out of their busy day to let a young college girl like me go before them, but this one man did and it meant a lot. 

My roommate was so kind to me and just sat with me after this test. She listened. The most priceless gift. 

Even though I'm small and insignificant in the grand scheme of things, I know that I'm cared for. I'm being watched over.

2 comments:

Tiffanie Michele said...

I love how appreciative you can be of small things like this; sometimes I truly believe that THESE are the best moments, the one that make living and trying worth it; not always the big, significant things.. He lives (: Its amazing.

Kimberly Job said...

It's comforting to know that someone is up there watching out for you who loves you just as much as I do!