Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

How well do you know yourself?

About a month and a half ago I read a blog post of 100 things about my  mom. It was one of those posts she'd been tagged to do by one of her writing friends. When I was reading it I wondered if I could come up with 100 things about myself without repeating any of them. I decided to try. I started a list in my phone, and now about six weeks later I finished it. It's a bit more challenging than you think it is. I learned a lot of things about myself in this process. Whether you care or not here it is:)

In no particular order:

1. Feed me smarties and I'll love you forever
2. My philosophy in life: Life's short eat dessert first
3. I love sitting next to people in church who sing in parts
4. I hate washing lettuce
5. Yellow is my favorite color
6. I can be extremely indecisive
7. I'm a people pleaser
8. I'm a fan of crime solving shows like Monk
9. I'm an ice cream addict
 10. I love string cheese with pretzels

11. I like to chew on ice
12. I like to sit with my legs sticking up
13. I have a serious addiction to playing spider solitaire
14. Any number with 6 or more digits I don't feel comfortable reading out loud
15. I'm directionaly challenged
16. My favorite color of socks is black
17. Sometimes I wish I was a twin, with a twin brother
18. I love muffins
19. I struggle with my rights and lefts
20 I have to go to the bathroom more often than most people, just ask my roommates


21. I LOVE pebbled ice
22. Lions and Sea Turtles are my favorite animals
23. Chopped is my favorite show
24. In movies when I'm embarrassed for a person I cover my eyes
25. I tend to walk really fast
26. One of my biggest pet peeves is when the bottom of my pants are wet
27. I fall asleep easily in movies
28. I'd prefer juice over any other drink
29. I like to put my feet on the dashboard
30. I love pajamas


31. I like to write in my journal with a purple pen
32. I can read extremely fast
33. Quotes inspire me more than almost anything
34. My favorite time of year is when you can wear a hoodie and shorts
35. The place I want to go most in the world is the Netherlands
36. I absolutely love Kelly Clarkson
37. My favorite fast food place is Taco Amigo
38. I sleep with two pillows
39. The moon is my very most favorite thing in the world
40. I like to untangle things


41. When I'm upset or frustrated I like to deep clean and organize
42. When I'm cold my top lip turns purple
43. I usually wear mismatching socks
44. I don't like when t-shirts stick outside of jackets
45. I like the word shawty
46. I love rings
47. I love hearing stories
48. One of my favorite things to get at fast food places is wraps
49. When I was born one of my ears was flat
50. I really like taking pictures but I don't necessarily do anything with them


51. I don't like when you feel rushed putting change back in your wallet
52. I love corner booths
53. I have an obsession with lists...:)
54. Gerber daisies are my favorite flower
55. I haven't eaten a hot dog since I was seven
56. I can sleep in almost any condition
57. Natural light beats out man made light any day any time
58. Tigger is my favorite Disney character
59. Just like Heaven is my favorite chick flick
60. I really don't like when my hands smell like money




61. My favorite time of day is 12:34
62. I can't suck on suckers I just bite them
63. Drawstrings on jackets need to be even
64. I always end my journal with writing my age
65. I talk to movies, It drives my sister crazy
66. I am in love with footloose. Always have been.
67. I don't like ketchup
68. I definitely hold my breath through tunnels
69. Lemon is my favorite flavor
70. Warm vanilla sugar is my favorite scent


71. The 4th of July is my favorite holiday because of fireworks
72. Licorice and gummy bears are a must on every road trip
73. I feel sick easily with blood
74. I love graffiti, just ask Alyssa or Carolyn
75. I love waterfalls, really just pretty landscapes in general
76. I don't particularly love saving seats
77. I like foaming hand soap
78. I eat things one at a time on my plate. I finish one thing before going to the next
79. I cross my z's and 7's
80. I cannot cut a straight line to save my life


81. Antique clocks are my favorite. In general I like clocks
82. I have an eavesdropping problem
83. When I'm really tired I get antsy
84. I love hot air balloons
85. I really love quaking aspens
86. My biggest fear is going blind
87. My biggest hero is my Grandpa Fausett
88. The only way to eat watermelon is with salt
89. I love spiral staircases. They fascinate me
90. I don't like things that are bubble gum or cotton candy flavored


91. I don't like pushing a cart when grocery shopping
92. Silverware is the worst part about doing dishes
93. Corn mazes are one of the best things about Fall
94. My favorite number is 14
95. I am a very jumpy person
96. When shopping, I always go for gray or striped shirts
97. I will own cowboy boots one day
98. When I use my fingers to count it goes thumb, pointer, middle, pinky, ring
99. I like when people call me Britt
100. I don't like slow motion in movies

2 comments:

Lys said...

26, 34, 51, 97: Totes agree.
17, 54, 69, 89: Me too!!
74: Truth.
99: Will do :)

Love this! And now I feel like I just know you everything about you...haha.

Kimberly said...

Wow! Your list was so much more creative than mine. I was even surprised by a few!

I think now I'll have to make a new list.