Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pumpkin Extravaganza

Let me just preface this by saying I've never been the most handy in the kitchen.

Well it's about that time of month where we make our appointments to see our visiting teachers. And what must go with that visit? A treat of course. So naturally it's my turn to provide the treat. In an attempt to be festive I decided to make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. We have this very simple,delicious recipe that I thought I could handle with no problem. Wrong. 

The first pan of cookies came out strangely flat. I thought maybe I'd put the wrong amount of batter on the pan or missed an important ingredient, so I tried again. Still flat. After 4 or 5 sheets, with variations to how I treated my batter, I still was having no success. 

 

So I decided to make muffins. They turned out pretty good, but I still had lot of batter left.




So my roommate and I decided to make the rest into the cookie part of a fazookie. Good idea? Oh yes. It was delicious. 


When put together like this they make a face! 


As you could probably guess we were baking for a significant amount of time. My homework may have been a bit neglected, but my stomach was satisfied. Gotta love holiday treats:)


No comments: